Blogs are a great way to prove your expertise in whatever business you are in. To maximize YOUR exposure, you want your blog to have maximum exposure as well. For this reason, Slideshare and your blog should become fast acquaintances.
If you’re not familiar with Slideshare, it is a website designed to allow individuals and businesses to share knowledge online. Acquired by LinkedIn in 2012, the site averaged 60 million unique views per month in the fourth quarter of 2013. While Slideshare is most notably recognized as a means of sharing PowerPoint presentations, articles and videos are quickly picking up steam on the site.
Sharing your articles on Slideshare is extremely easy, especially if you have a PDF tool like Print Friendly. With the click of a button, Print Friendly allows you to make a PDF version of a webpage for free.
How to Post Your Articles to Slideshare
1. Pull up your articles unique link. By this, I mean do not visit your website’s blog page. In our case, we would NOT want to use http://www.suttoncreativestudios.com/blog. Instead, we would want to use http://www.suttoncreativestudios.com/slideshare-and-your-blog.
2. Click the Print Friendly button in your search engine’s favorites bar.
3. Print Friendly will show a preview of the article, in PDF form, and allow you to delete components of the page you do NOT want on your final PDF. When I do this I delete the share buttons and random spaces that show up. Individual components will be highlighted yellow when you move your cursor over them.
4. Download the PDF to your computer.
5. Visit Slideshare.net and log-in to your account.
6. Click the “Upload button in the upper left corner of your screen. Select your file and upload.
7. Select the category you would like your article to be placed in.
8. Write a short description for your article.
9. Select tags for your article.
10. Publish your article! When publishing your articles to Slideshare you can also share on your other social media channels. Keep in mind that you may have already shared your article on these channels, so you may want to space out the posts so as to not irritate your fans.
You will also have the option to attach a lead form to your articles, which in my opinion is a no-brainer. Choose the questions you would like interested subjects to provide you, and select to attach to all articles.
Over the course of time you should check in on how your articles are doing. By selecting “My Uploads” from the dropdown in the upper right corner, you can take a look at the stats and views for each individual article. From the same menu you can also click on “Analytics” which will give you a breakdown of how many views a day, what countries the views came from and which clicks have the most clicks.
Do you need help getting exposure for your blog? Sutton Creative Studios is here to help! Contact us to discuss our social media marketing services and how they can help you.
Kim Sutton is the Managing Partner and Chief Everything Officer of The Sutton Companies, including Sutton Strategic Solutions and Sutton Creative Studios. She is a graduate of The School of the Art Institute of Chicago where she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture.
An avid reader and passionate learner, Kim is constantly researching, studying and developing business improvement strategies. When it comes to client work, Kim especially enjoys helping her clients develop innovative marketing strategies and sales funnels, particularly when they are using Infusionsoft to automate all the heavy lifting. To find out how you can further develop your company’s marketing and automation strategies schedule a 1-hour Business Boost Strategy Session by clicking here.
In her free-time, Kim cherishes the time she gets to spend with her husband, Dave (her business partner), and five children. She also enjoys reading, knitting, writing and playing video games.
Get a copy of Kim’s FREE guide, “10 Top Tools for Small Businesses” by clicking here.