Hiring support within your business, whether a full-time, in-house employee or a virtual, part-time consultant, can be scary for any business owner. One of the biggest concerns is often, “How will I be able to afford to pay them?” Because I hear these questions all the time, I’ve prepared a list of the 5 reasons you CAN afford a virtual assistant. Read on…
1. You can outsource client work and make (more) money off it. Why do I say you can make more money? Here’s why? Your virtual assistant can be working on one project while you are working on another. When is the last time you were able to bill two clients for one-on-one project work at the same time? At the end of the day, the amount you spent on your virtual assistant will feel like pocket change compared to the amount of money you were able to bill.
2. No more delays on bookkeeping or invoicing! You’re busy, and you know it. Have you been able to keep up with your bookkeeping and invoicing, AND double-check that all client charges are going through? What if you didn’t need to take time away from billable client work to make sure your accounts were all being reconciled? You could be collecting money from clients and customers that you forgot even owed you!
3. Social media marketing. Don’t ho-hum the internet! What if someone was bringing in more business for your business, simply by using social media? Feel like you’re already over-loaded with client work? Refer back to #1 in this list.
4. Business busy-work. Let’s face it – Somebody BESIDES you should be making appointments with your clients and be making the phone calls that didn’t even deserve a second of your thought. Why are you taking yourself away from billable client time to do these mundane tasks?
5. Double the brain power. If you hire your virtual assistant from a company like Sutton Creative Studios you will be doubling your brain power from the start. Why? A good virtual assistant should be willing to share what they know and contribute thoughts and ideas to your business. Considering nobody has walked in your shoes for your whole life, you are guaranteed to hire somebody with different life experiences, and therefore a varying wealth of knowledge and experience. You don’t need to go back to college to learn the skills to be able to do everything yourself. You need to assemble a team who has these skills to complete the tasks for you.
Kim Sutton is the Managing Partner and Chief Everything Officer of The Sutton Companies, including Sutton Strategic Solutions and Sutton Creative Studios. She is a graduate of The School of the Art Institute of Chicago where she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture.
An avid reader and passionate learner, Kim is constantly researching, studying and developing business improvement strategies. When it comes to client work, Kim especially enjoys helping her clients develop innovative marketing strategies and sales funnels, particularly when they are using Infusionsoft to automate all the heavy lifting. To find out how you can further develop your company’s marketing and automation strategies schedule a 1-hour Business Boost Strategy Session by clicking here.
In her free-time, Kim cherishes the time she gets to spend with her husband, Dave (her business partner), and five children. She also enjoys reading, knitting, writing and playing video games.
Get a copy of Kim’s FREE guide, “10 Top Tools for Small Businesses” by clicking here.