Breathe in. Breathe out. I know this simple task can be hard to remember as a business owner. You get so wrapped up in all you have to do that you forget to breathe. Yup, I’ve been there too. Because it’s not good to forget to breathe, I’ve prepared a list of 5 reasons to hire a virtual assistant. Trust me; As a business owner you NEED to read this article.
1. Your cash flow is suffering. The sad part is, you should have plenty of money in the bank, however you haven’t had time to send out invoices. This is bad. We both know invoicing clients really isn’t a difficult or time consuming task, however the energy required to switch frame of mind from one task to another can be extreme. What if you didn’t have to switch tasks mid-stream to invoice clients? What if you paid a virtual assistant a (small) fee to handle invoicing for you once a month? Would your bank account be healthier?
2. Newsletter? What newsletter? Come on, people! We’re well into the 21st century and Constant Contact and Mailchimp have been going strong for YEARS!! Why don’t you have an active newsletter? Realistically, a newsletter should take an hour or two per issue to prepare (maximum!), especially if you have an idea of the content you would like included. Pass your content and/or image ideas on to your virtual assistant and you will be on your way to growing your client list!
3. Your social media statuses haven’t been updated… At all… Sigh. Social media can be a time vacuum, and it can also be a waste of time if you don’t approach your social media marketing correctly. Hire a professional and get your business in front of serious prospective clients and customers. Your social media team should be focusing on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Yes, there are other platforms out there, however at the bare minimum these five should be maintained regularly.
4. Your personal life is non-existent. “Weekend” is no longer a word in your vocabulary, and “sleep” is quickly becoming obsolete as well. Work is over-taking your life, and friends and family know that invites to parties and other events may be turned down because you have “too much work.” You would miss having a personal life, but you’ve already forgotten what a personal life is. It’s time to change that. Life flies by, and we don’t want you to get to the end and wish you had spent more time with your loved ones.
5. Client work is falling between the cracks. Just because you hire a virtual assistant to perform services for you doesn’t mean that he/she can’t perform services for your clients as well. And your clients don’t even necessarily need to know! For example, one of our clients sub-contracts our social media management and marketing services to her clients. Our client has been a fantastic, and we have an agreement that we (Sutton Creative Studios) will not solicit work directly from her clients as long as they are still her clients. And the best part for her is that she is charging her clients HER rate for our time, and in the end is actually making money off our work!
Did you relate to any of the reasons while reading the 5 reasons to hire a virtual assistant? If so, the time to act is NOW. Contact Sutton Creative Studios today to discuss your business needs and the ways in which we can help you!
Kim Sutton is the Managing Partner and Chief Everything Officer of The Sutton Companies, including Sutton Strategic Solutions and Sutton Creative Studios. She is a graduate of The School of the Art Institute of Chicago where she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture.
An avid reader and passionate learner, Kim is constantly researching, studying and developing business improvement strategies. When it comes to client work, Kim especially enjoys helping her clients develop innovative marketing strategies and sales funnels, particularly when they are using Infusionsoft to automate all the heavy lifting. To find out how you can further develop your company’s marketing and automation strategies schedule a 1-hour Business Boost Strategy Session by clicking here.
In her free-time, Kim cherishes the time she gets to spend with her husband, Dave (her business partner), and five children. She also enjoys reading, knitting, writing and playing video games.
Get a copy of Kim’s FREE guide, “10 Top Tools for Small Businesses” by clicking here.