Congratulations! You took the giant leap and started a Facebook page for your business! Now you need to start publicizing it the FREE way! Here are the steps you follow to invite your friends to your Facebook page.
1. Starting on your personal home page, you will see a list of Pages you own or manage in the left column.
2. Click on the name of the page you would like to invite friends to join.
3. Your ‘Admin Panel’ should now display. In the “Invite Friends” box, click the “See All” link as indicated by the arrow.
4. A box will pop up which shows friends you have recently interacted with. Click on the “Recent Interactions” box and select “Search All Friends.”
5. The box will now provide a list of all your friends. If any of the friends are grayed out, they are already following your page, or you have already invited them.
6. Click the check box next to the friends you would like to invite to follow your page. As you select your friends, their names will be highlighted in blue.
**Note: Be careful about inviting too many at one time, (50-75 is okay), as you don’t want to be perceived by Facebook as a Spammer and have your account shut down.
When finished selecting the friends you would like to invite, click the ‘Submit’ button in the lower right hand corner of this window.
7. A new box will pop up letting you know that your invitations have been sent.
Remember that word-of-mouth is one of the greatest forms of free advertising business owners have. You may have already spent years establishing your personal Facebook account, and some of your friends may be those you have known since elementary school. If you have built a good rapport with your friends, they will be more likely to support your business and share the page with their friends as well.
After you reach 30 Likes on your page, Facebook will provide access to insights about your page. Your first Like is a big step! After that, shoot for 30 and then shoot for the stars!
Kim Sutton is the Managing Partner and Chief Everything Officer of The Sutton Companies, including Sutton Strategic Solutions and Sutton Creative Studios. She is a graduate of The School of the Art Institute of Chicago where she earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture.
An avid reader and passionate learner, Kim is constantly researching, studying and developing business improvement strategies. When it comes to client work, Kim especially enjoys helping her clients develop innovative marketing strategies and sales funnels, particularly when they are using Infusionsoft to automate all the heavy lifting. To find out how you can further develop your company’s marketing and automation strategies schedule a 1-hour Business Boost Strategy Session by clicking here.
In her free-time, Kim cherishes the time she gets to spend with her husband, Dave (her business partner), and five children. She also enjoys reading, knitting, writing and playing video games.
Get a copy of Kim’s FREE guide, “10 Top Tools for Small Businesses” by clicking here.